- It is caffeine free, and has no acidity or bitterness. It is the only herbal coffee substitute in the US that features both the health benefits of dandelion root and the rich, full-bodied flavor, smoothness and texture of real coffee. Many say that, because it lacks bitterness and acidity, it actually tastes better than coffee.
- It is made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and rye. Nothing else is added. While we make no claims for Dandy Blend other than that it is a delicious herbal beverage with the taste, body, and texture of coffee, the ingredients - dandelion, chicory and beet roots, and barley and rye grains - are all health-promoting foods respected throughout the world.
- It contains no gluten. Gluten, which is comprised of proteins that are not water-soluble, is left behind in the grounds to be composted during the extracting process, leaving Dandy Blend gluten-free.
- The sweetness some perceive in Dandy Blend is primarily from the fructose that occurs naturally in the roots of dandelion and chicory. Many people require no additional sweeteners.
- It contains over 50 trace minerals in each cup, most of which the body uses to help synthesize compounds needed in metabolism.
- There are no headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when switching from coffee to Dandy Blend. It is like switching from one brand of coffee to another. Most people generally can't tell that they aren't drinking coffee.
- On top of all this, Dandy Blend costs as little as 7 cents a cup - less, on a per cup basis, than coffee, or instant coffee alternatives that do not contain dandelion. To keep Dandy Blend affordable for everyone who already drinks coffee, we keep the price down as low as possible by distributing it directly. Dandy Blend supports Mom and Pop health food stores because they care for their customers personally.
Dandelion root is what makes Dandy Blend unique and so much better that it stands out from all other options available. It is the only instant coffee alternative in the United States that contains dandelion root. To Americans, dandelion may be considered a weed, but to people all over the world it is a valued vegetable and highly respected herbal medicine. It is one of the top six herbs in the Chinese medicine chest.
If your doctor or health practitioner has recommended that you give up coffee, and/or add dandelion to your diet, Dandy Blend is by far the easiest way to do that AND still continue enjoying the flavor and texture of a good "cuppa joe" at the same time.